Monday, April 13, 2009

fauvist zane

I thought I would share with everyone the interesting turn Zane has taken in his coloring. He has now entered in what I like to call his Fauvist period. In art history, the Fauvists were a group of (largely French) painters working at the beginning of the 20th century. Their work was characterized by the use of bold, vivid colors and simplified forms. The following two pictures are examples from the two most famous of the Fauvists- Henri Matisse and Andre Derain:





Now take a look at exhibits 1, 2 and 3 done recently by Zane, completely on his own. Wow! I can't believe he's only 3 1/2!









Now, don't you just want to paint something?!

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...