Wednesday, March 17, 2010

spring is sprung

spring is here! well, to be precise, it will be here on friday, but close enough. with exception to the pollen, and thus the runny noses, sneezing and watery eyes, i love spring. i've been working in the studio, trying to get some new projects out, and for once, i am right on time. that's right, people, i said right on time!

this year, easter is on april 4th. need a cute gift or even something for yourself to stash all that easter candy in? i've got some ideas for you.



mother's day, another spring holiday, is also just around the corner on may 9th. need something special for mom, grandma, sister, aunt, friend? i've got some ideas for all of them too.




it also seems like spring is the season for baby showers. even the stores seem to have more sales on baby stuff in the spring. well, how about these keepsake ideas for the new mom?



and last but not least, how about that spring cleaning, redoing, redecorating?? well, maybe i can even help you there. i just finished this painting that was commissioned to match the rug and bedding in a little girl's room. need a different theme? let's talk.


you can see more on my website here. have a great spring!

6 comments:

  1. Julie, I adore the Peter Cottontail plate. Spring means busy here in Georgia with tons of work to be done in the yard. Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ladybug mug. Can you give directions...what kind of paint? Did you use a sealant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim. I tried to reply to you by email but your address is listed as "no reply." I did not use a sealant. I use a ceramic paint that is oven fired. I wrote a tutorial about it back in December bc I was getting so many questions about it. Here's the link. http://jaeartworks.blogspot.com/2012/11/painting-on-ceramics.html
      Good Luck!

      Delete
  3. Happy you brought the link up for the how to guide! I'm thinking of doing the love grows here plates for my toddler room for mother's day.. just for keeping the price at minimum is there a certain plate that needs to be used or can I get simple white plates at say a dollar store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm thinking of doing the mother's day plate with a group of toddlers (like 15 of them lol) just for keeping the price down is there a certain plate that needs to be used or can I do a dollar store run for the plates? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara. I tried to reply to you through email as well, but you also come up as "no reply." I don't buy ceramics from the Dollar Store to paint. I have had a couple of clients who have though, and then paid me to paint them. And I will tell you I had a harder time getting the paint to stick to those for some reason. I have no idea why. However, I have not done it enough times to tell you that it wouldn't work. I would suggest buying 1 item and doing a test on it. Paint it, let it dry, and then fire it in the oven according to the Porcelaine directions and see how it goes. When I buy ceramics to paint, it is usually from World Market, Target or Walmart. I've had great success with all the ceramics from any of those stores. Good Luck. If you have any more questions, let me know. You can email me at julie@jaeartworks.com if it is easier for you.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...