Tuesday, November 15, 2011

pinterest results

back on october 11, i posted a pinterest challenge- 5 weeks, at least 1 finished project that i had pinned on pinterest.  i also invited anyone else who was interested to join me.  now, i know 5 weeks is a long time for a challenge like this, but as i am a working artist, i had to be reasonable in allowing time for my commissioned artworks, my art lessons, and the production of a quality pinterest project. oh yes, and that family that i'm raising- lol.  after a lot of initial interest, i ended up with 2 pictures from friends who finished.  julie from the amazing art blog spaark- artistcally afflicted made a beautiful terrarium .  click here for pictures and a little tutorial on how she made it!  my friend, christine, from adorabelle design made these super cute clam shell cookies for her daughter's mermaid birthday party.

clam shell cookies by adorabelle design

You can also see the pics of the beautiful party decorations she made for that same party here.

as for me, in that 5 week time period, i actually used several ideas i had pinned.  this painted pumpkin was the result of the combination of 2 ideas from pinterest- a  painted pumpkin i had pinned, and the dia de los muertos theme i discovered here at teach kids art.

dia de los muertos pumpkin


my art students and i also did some fantastic dia de los muertos prints, which you can see here.

I also created these fabulous skulls from an idea i pinned from mega crafty

paper covered skull

paper covered skull

paper covered skulls


these took a long time and a lot of patience, but i think were worth it in the end!


and then there was this watermark tshirt (using elmer's glue gel as a resist!!!) from a guest blogger at ucreate.

wet tshirt with glue gel

finished tshirt



now, i actually think i need to do this shirt again.  i don't think i mixed the dye well enough, so there were some darker spots that i didn't care for.  but what a great idea.  the possibilities of designs are endless! 


i just have to add that doing this post was a pain because my beloved pinterest site was not working right.  i couldn't access my pins, so finding the links to the sites of my sources took a lot of searching.  i guess that also shows how convenient pinterest is when it is working.  so for now i know i'll keep pinning, and hopefully, keep doing!

peace, love...art,

-julia

6 comments:

  1. The skulls are awesome! I had meant to particpate in this pintrest project, but I am such a procrastinator :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Love all you've done! I didn't discover your pinterest challenge until it was really too late, but I think it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a GREAT idea, Julie! Sorry I couldn't find the time to do it (even in all the allowed time) this time. I hope you do another one. I'll take notice sooner.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace. Love. Art. right back atcha! I love the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing the results from your pinterest challenge. I signed up for pinterest a couple of months ago, but still have not pinned anything - one of these days. I am afraid once I start, I won't want to stop! All of the projects you did were fun, but the skulls were particularly intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Tracy...the skulls are awesome!! I definitely want to try my hand at these...after the holidays and things calm down a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...