Tuesday, February 21, 2012

an attitude of gratitude

first of all, i want to say thank you to every single one of you who takes the time to read my blog.  i've gotten some really great feedback lately, and i am honored and humbled by it.


i confess that i have been feeling a little overwhelmed with everything going on in my life lately, and as i contemplated that, i was reminded of this post i read a while back.  if you have children, of any age, i urge you to take the time to read it.  i promise you won't be disappointed.  i was so struck by the concept of chronos versus kairos time that i actually printed out that section and stuck it to my idea board for a future painting.  and, there it has sat for awhile.  because everything i do with relation to my own art is tediously thought out and even more tediously executed.  

and that brings me to the new painting eclass i am taking by flora bowley.  i was immediately drawn to her because the way she paints is the exact opposite of everything i do.  intuitive painting- are you kidding me???  and i am so grateful for the opportunity to expand my horizons.  my second confession of the day is that i am already a week behind on the course.  but here is one of my canvases after the second painting session.  it's absolute madness.  i have no idea where it is going to end up...and...wait for it...that's the point.  holy cow!


i also got to spend this past saturday night out in the dallas art world.  we had to brave the cold rain, but it was worth it. 

downtown dallas

ready for confession three?  i'm sure this will not come as a surprise to anyone with children, but since having my boys, my art show/ gallery attendance has really plummeted.  it's a world i truly love though, so when i get to go, i am very grateful!

cohn drennan gallery

plush gallery

500X gallery

so, here's to an attitude of gratitude, and to finding, and cherishing,  kairos time.

with gratitude,

-julia

3 comments:

  1. I like the honesty, I get the overwhelmed thing, I really get the boy... Galleries haven't seen one since........ Hmmm..... Still thinking........ A long time. The painting love it! Keep us posted..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you...I'm always amazed when someone leaves a comment, likes, hearts, or otherwise gives a thumbs up about my work. Doesn't take much to keep me going!!

    My wife and I are "empty nesters"....but we seem to go out less and less. Anymore if it wasn't for the internet I wouldn't see anything "new" in the art world!! )o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that you get to art shows at all with young children in the house. I feel as if my life was consumed with them at that stage, and I wish I'd done more for my personal *edification.* I love the idea of working intuitively. It's a bit scary - like going out on a ledge and wondering if you'll be able to work your way back in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...