Tuesday, May 15, 2012

conflicted

it's that time again...time for the online iphonegraphy project I link to called The Recipe Book Project.  by now i think it's pretty clear how much i love all the photography apps out there.  i use them regularly to document my world and tell my story.  this month, however, i thought i would challenge myself to push it a little further.  first, i wanted to use at least one app that i hadn't tried yet (enter iris photo suite) and second i wanted to try to create an image that was more a piece of art than just a cool photo.  did i succeed?  i'll let you guys be the judge.  either way, i learned a whole lot more about what these apps can do!

first, i snapped a pic of a page in one of my sketchbooks using camera+.  then auto filter/ tailfin filter/ square crop.


then i opened the image in iris and set it as the base layer. then i opened it again, rotated the top layer 90 degrees, and blended it with the base at 50%.  i did that 3 times total, each time rotating the top layer 90 degrees before blending them at 50%.  make sure after you blend the two layers together, you set the new image as the base layer before you open the next layer.



next i opened the new image in snapseed and applied the drama filter.



last but not least, i opened it in phototoaster.  after much trial, i settled on the conflicted filter.


after staring at it for a long time trying to decide if i like it, i decided to roll with it and stick with "conflicted" as the title. so there you have it.  what do you guys think?

and click on over to dave's page where you can see the other participants' photo creations.

here's to being brave in the face of uncertainty,

-julia

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I really liked what you did here!!! I am impressed!!! (I hadn't thought about doing the rotation thing with an image....I need to try this right away!!!)

    Thank you so much for contributing again...I do appreciate all your support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I like it a lot. It moved into a back view of her head to possibly a side view with her eye squinched up in pain. I don't understand all the technical stuff but I think you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your challenge and all the steps, I really enjoyed your final piece BUT I cant decide which is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each image stands up well but I really love your final one. Julia, I've learnt a lot here, thank you. As Dave says, time to go try the rotating...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Julie. I also am addicted to iphoneography. I am addicted to instagram and phonto.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Listing a recipe is such a great idea. I can't wait to try this on one of my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I've just found your lovely blog, and I'm a new follower...so nice to "meet" you!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...