Tuesday, June 12, 2012

summer manifesto

i had no idea what i was going to write about his week.  really.  truly.  no idea.  the past 2 weeks have been a blur, with traveling, teaching, and entertaining family visiting from out of town.  but as i pondered the craziness that is already summer, i was reminded of this post by kelly rae roberts here, which led me to this post by ali edwards here, which led me to this...

my summer manifesto

*work outside...until such time as my yard is acceptible to
*hang out outside
*paint at least one piece of furniture an unexpected color
*make new colorful covers for my throw pillows
*stay up late watching movies with my boys
*sleep late with my boys
*quit diet sodas
*get back on pilates routine
*grow some more vegetables so i can make more deliciousness like this...


*have way more moments like this...


what's your summer manifesto?

viva la summer...this one's for you!

-julia

4 comments:

  1. I started my summer here in Georgia almost 3 weeks ago, and so far I have accomplished a whole lot of sleeping, gotten the dog hair situation under control, had a pizza party at the pool for my kids and their friends, and organized one closet. Still to do: organize kitchen cabinets, get caught up on all the late night talk shows, make a new painting for my living room, teach my daughter to drive, make a trip to the beach, and get a whole lot more sleep! Best wishes for your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me to make my summer to-do list. I love doing that -- and at the end of the summer I like to make a "what I want to remember" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I suppose it's to survive having both my daughters at home...at the same time...at least until they "find their way" and move on. Make more art...always! I like watching more movies so maybe I'll do that. Continue to get ready for our move to Michigan...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a what to do this winter list. Gardening, eating outdoors when the sun shines, doing art with my grand kids, some online art workshops, being a better blogger, learning to use all my photo apps. Be thankful for our wonderful Australian winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...