Thursday, October 18, 2012

home coming

last weekend i went back to my home town for my 20th high school reunion.  one of my high school friends who did not go texted me and asked me how it was.  i told him it was both very cool and very weird at the same time.  doesn't the concept of time just blow your mind? 

the drive to san antonio from dallas is a good 4 1/2 hours, which gives a person plenty of time for reflection.  much of the drive i was remembering this post by kelly rae roberts that i had the good fortune to read just before i left.  serendipity?  i hope you'll click over and read it.  look at those girls there!  so cute...so young.  i really had no clue back then...










i hadn't been back to my home town in at least 15 years.  and the actual school...it had been the full 20. almost every single thing about the town (and the people!) had changed so much.  it was overwhelming.  the stadium, however, seemed very much the same.  talk about stepping back in time!


homecoming game at my old high school




day 2 was a different kind of home coming, as we had the annual texas association of schools of art conference (which my husband is now president of!!!) at my old college, utsa.  but that, my friends, is a whole other post.





this week...here's to serendipity, renewed friendships, and coming home!

-julia


2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved seeing these photos!! You two look even better now than before. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so much younger than when we ever were before.....

    Great post....love the "before" and "after" pics. I have to agree with teri....the "after" are so much better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...