Wednesday, October 31, 2012

studio update via wacom

i got a new wacom tablet for my birthday, and i've been having fun experimenting with it on pictures i have on my computer.  so i thought it would be even more fun to do an update through my new tablet!





remember how we went to chicago this summer?  here we are at the public artwork known as "the bean."



with the exception of teaching art lessons, i haven't been in the studio a whole lot lately.  this past saturday was our annual halloween bash, which also serves as our youngest son's birthday party.  the hit of the party is always the face painting booth my husbands does.



my art students have been doing some great fall inspired works.  like these fab charcoal pumpkin gesture drawings.  i'm a big believer in doing lots of gesture drawing!




after doing the charcoal studies, we did these oil pastel pumpkins on black paper, using color gradation to show volume.  i got this idea from this exhibition on artsonia and tweaked it to fit my needs.  my wednesday art class has one preschooler in it.  can you find her pumpkin?  i only turned my back for a second- lol



we've also done a lot of drawings and prints with leaves lately.  i love how these abstracted leaves came out.  i got this idea from the art education blog adventures of an art teacher.  we did ours with oil pastels and watercolors using complimentary colors.











as for the wacom tablet, i need to practice a lot more with the pen, but i think i'm getting the hang of it!






1 comment:

  1. WOW! You're doing an amazing job with those children. Bravo!!! I love that your hubby painted faces and HAPPY, HAPPY birthday to your dear little one!!! (Sophia will be five on Thanksgiving Day).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...