Wednesday, January 30, 2013

detour

things had been rolling along nicely over here, until 3 out of 4 of my family members got hit with the sick bug.  i got it last, and have been down the past 3 days.  i'm feeling better now, but naturally way behind.  thank God for well placed hats and sunglasses, which have the power to hide what a hot mess i am right now. 


but, that's life.  you roll with the punches and follow the detour signs until you get back on track.  and, make no mistake about it, i'm supremely grateful that each one of us was down only 3 days.  i know it can always be worse. 

i'm also grateful to the prayer flag project for posting my finished prayer flag on their site this week.  click the picture of my flag below to see the original post on their site where i talk about the meaning behind the flag, and to see other wonderful prayer flags from artists around the world. 


detail one


detail two


this week, here's to finding your way back from the detour...  and gratitude in all things!

-julia

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie. What a beautiful heart-felt prayer. Now I'm going back to look closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a great reminder to be grateful! I AM! Your stitches on this flag are incredible. I've been traveling and will look now to see if you posted pix of the kid's flags.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...