Wednesday, June 5, 2013

summer is here

whew!  it has been a crazy couple of weeks over here.  my youngest son just finished his last year of preschool and is headed to kinder next year (insert sob here.)  my first grader is in his last week of school this week.  and my husband's birthday is this friday.  my spring semester art classes ended last week.  we had a great semester of art!  we finished up our paper flower project, among many others.


this week, on top of all the aforementioned craziness, i am lesson planning for my summer classes, which are officially packed!


and, did i tell you guys that this platter i painted for the fundraising auction at arlington classics academy sold for $275?  that really has nothing to do with anything.  just think it's cool.  lol


oh yes, and the mfa gallery in dallas that represents my husband sold one of his pieces last week too! don't have a picture of that, but this guy from my gesture drawing class will do.


yippee!

i am taking next week off to kick off summer with my family.  i'll be back after that, ready to teach and share some awesome art.  happy summer you guys!

here's to summer!

-julia


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the sale of your artwork! I loved seeing your listing of classes for kids. Teaching art to children was my first foray into education - and what a happy pursuit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...