Wednesday, July 31, 2013

life lately via a beautiful mess

i know it's been a while since i've talked about photo apps.  i still use them all the time, and every day i am astounded at how these apps have absolutely changed the face of every day photography.  my newest photo app crush is called a beautiful mess, by the girls who write the mega popular blog of the same name.  you guys, this app makes it super easy (and fun!) to add writing and doodles to your photos.  up until now, i have used photoshop and my bamboo tablet to do this.  and, don't get me wrong, i still love both of those things.  but this app has the ability to do much of the same things, only faster and easier.  and, as a blogger who is also a full time mom, artist and art teacher, those are two of my favorite words!  check out what's been going on over here...

my summer art classes are entering the last week.  and it has been 7 weeks of artistic fun!  sometimes more than the paper gets painted- lol


we have done all kinds of art...drawing, painting, collage, even clay.  i love love love these clay pendants my youngest art class made!


since spring, my husband and i have been working on renovating our backyard.  one thing we created was a fire pit area.  for years i have been saving the original wood sign my grandmother used for her art business.  now i have a place to hang it.  here's a sneak peek...


every year, my boys paint a bird house, and my husband adds it to our tree.  we just added our two latest.  how happy does this tree make you?  i know, right!


after 11 years, i finally broke down and bought a new pair of running shoes.  think they are bright enough?  hehe #goboldorgohome





and, i will always be a die hard pilates girl, but lately i've been riding bikes a lot with my family.  i've kind of been surprised at just how much i love it!


so, this week, here's to a beautiful mess and things that make what you do easier!

-julia

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try that app. I love adding comments to photos.I've been riding bikes, too - here in NYC we have a bike sharing program that makes it super easy to get on and go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely get it! Just make sure you get the one by Red Velvet. I saw there are already imitators copying it. Thanks Teri!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...