Sunday, January 19, 2014

dia de los muertos... in january

my 3rd graders finally finished up their dia de los muertos collages.  yes, i know it's january, but that's how it goes in the art room sometimes.  testing and field trips and spelling bees...oh my!  and not to mention a 2 week break.  don't get me wrong...i am not complaining...especially about the last one!   i really love how these came out, so i wanted to share them now instead of waiting until next november.  btw- muchos gracias to the art ed blog paintbrush rocket where i got this awesome idea!








and my 2nd graders just finished up their guatemalan kite project, which was also about dia de los muertos.  i got this idea from the blog 4 crazy kings.  too be honest, i wasn't too sure about this project once we started, but the kids really liked it, and were sooooo excited when we added the streamers and sequins at the end.  but once i saw them hung up in a grouping, i changed my mind.  i think they look cool!  check it out...



so there you go...a little peek into our dia de los muertos celebration...in january.

and, of course,  happy, happy new year to you all!

- mrs. h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a comment or question? Hit me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...